Here we list 10 things Sarah and I cannot live without (in no particular order)!
1. M.A.C Face and Body Foundation – it’s a water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. I use this on top of my usual foundation as it adds a nice dewy affect. (Jordie)
2. Niugini Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Sarah)
3. A L E S S A Basic Silk Camisoles (Sarah and Jordie)
4. Ray Ban Aviators (Sarah and Jordie)
5. Coffee (Sarah likes a long blacks and I’m a skinny latte girl all the way!) Lately I have been obsessed with Clement in South Melbourne or The Petty Officer in Albert Park
6. Kai Perfume Oil from MECCA – Sarah
7. A good pair of jeans. For me it’s J Brand and for Sarah it’s the Sass and Bide Skinny Boys in Black
8. Our Apple Products; iPhones, iPads and Macbook Airs!
9. Chanel Chance Body Spray – Jordie
10. A good pair of boots to get me through the Melbourne Winter! (I just purchased the best Country Road boots) http://www.countryroad.com.au/shop/woman/footwear/boots/60151747/Mena-Ankle-Boot.html
Do you suffer from a case of FOMO (fear of missing out) when scrolling through the pages of Instagram? WE DO! It feels like one week we were wishing we were at MBFW in Sydney and the next we were wishing we were in Palm Springs at Coachella. Instagram is really a love hate relationship at times like these.
And don’t you find it interesting/funny how all of a sudden the fashion goes from ‘Fashionista’ to ‘Hipster-festival goer’.
Here are some of our best looks (most of whom you will recognize) we’ve seen at Coachella.
Jordie and Sarah xx
p.s. celeb central.
We are giving one lucky blogger the chance to shoot their own campaign using our next S13/14 collection! This is a chance to work with the amazing Liz McLeish from Streetsmith and work with us too!
To enter: simply post a photo on Instagram of your favourite look from any of the recent fashion weeks around the world. Then you’ll need to mention @alessathelabel and #streetsmithalessa.
Look forward to seeing your entries!
Love Jordie and Sarah xx
Sarah and I do love a good wedding and it just so happens that one half of A L E S S A (Sarah) is getting married VERY soon!
We thought it may be an idea to share some things that we think make for a gorgeous, fun and stylish wedding!
Let’s start with these up-do’s/hair styles we love on a bride:
OK, so let’s be honest…. it’s really all about ‘the dress’. Sarah and I love Designers Elie Saab, Monique Lhuillier, Oscar De La Renta and Givenchy (to name a few). In terms of our favourite Australian Designers, you can’t go wrong with the amazing Pallas, Collette Dinnigan, Johanna Johnson and of course J’Aton.
Here’s a few of our favourite dresses.
So you’ve got your dress and hair sorted but what about the overall theme/look of the wedding. Personally I think once you have decided on this it will allow you to plan the wedding (invites, table settings, bouquets etc). Are you shabby chic kind of gal? Are you a country style person? Are you modern romantic or just plain modern?
Sarah and I are both pretty modern and love keeping things understated yet chic. To achieve this look, we feel it’s all about the flowers….and lots of them as well as the table settings and decorations you choose. If you can do it then we recommend lots of white flowers i.e. peonies, roses and hydrangeas with a hint of colour, perhaps green or soft pinks. Here are some of our favourite flower arrangements , table settings and decoration ideas:
We’d have to say one of the worst feelings in the world is when the alarm goes off on a Monday morning…. ok it’s a first world problem but Mondays are just not fun!
To get us going and motivated for the week we thought we’d show you what helps the A L E S S A girls out of bed in the morning!
Sarah and I both love to live a pretty healthy lifestyle with the odd splurge here and there. We love discovering new diets together and talking at length about what we’ve been cooking each week. We find that Mondays are the best day to start the healthy diet and exercise regime for the week – it really sets you up and gives you a burst of energy to last the week.
So who do we look to for fitspo (Fit-spiration) … we think these Australia beauties know how to look after themselves.
Happy Monday and make it count.
Sarah and Jordie xx
Not long until we can all stuff ourselves with too much turkey and ham and spend quality time with our families!
We’ve started looking at how we can set our Christmas tables in a non-traditional chic yet still festive way and this is what we’ve been inspired by.
Love the A L E S S A girls xxx